Thursday, September 6, 2012

One Week at the MTC

Hey everyone! 

I'm in the MTC and have been here for a week and 1 day now. I am with an exceptional group of Elders in District 37A. We managed to get into the most recently renovated building so that is pretty lucky, but for some reason... they really don't like to stock the paper towels. I have a companion Elder Chapman from Pleasant Grove. He is a really good kid who can tune into the spirit better than most young men I've meet. He is also going to the California Carlsbad Mission. We all have great teachers: Brother Roberts and Brother Sikahema who have very different ways of teaching but who are both extremely effective in preparing us for the field. We do many many role-play situations as you would expect in the MTC and it is always fun to go in, think you're doing good, then they ask the perfect question to just snag you and stop you in your tracks. All this is part of the good ol' learning process though. 

I am really getting sick of the food here. I desperately need to get a salad at every meal to take the guilt of eating so badly off my shoulders. I do love the gym time though. It's like the best part of the day. It is kinda fun to get up every morning and put on that name badge and a tie. Makes you feel so professional and refined. I'm having a hard time not using sarcasm as they have asked us to stop using. It's just so easy to break old habits leeeetttt me tell ya. CRAP I just used sarcasm again.

We got to see a devotional/ fireside presented by Elder Kipishcke. (I can't remember how exactly to say it) who graciously let me use one of his general conference seats back in the spring. His wife can barely speak English and she was SO funny. SO SO SO funny. Her son was in the MTC at the time and was sitting on the front row right below her which made it even more funny because he was so embarrassed. She at one point got so excited that she almost pulled the entire stand off the front pullpit. Elder Kispishcke himself talked about repentance and how it is the least known thing in all the mission world. It needs to be taught more than it is and it is by crying repentance more than anything unto the people that missionary work best progresses. 

Well I only have 2 more weeks here and it is off to Carlsgood!!! ... I mean Carlsbad!!! It will be renamed Carlsgood when we are done with it :D. I thank you all for your prayers to the missionaries. Peace all good people!

No comments:

Post a Comment