Friday, March 22, 2013

God Squad


God Squad     March 19th 2013

This week was actually pretty eventful. It is exciting that things are pulling together. The Lord just kinda directs things and I just hope that I'm doing what I need by doing what I can and in the end I see all these different pieces fall perfectly together and it doesn't even surprise me anymore. I'm so surprised in fact when things don't work out  perfectly after a good effort is put into something.

One such miracle that has really pulled together is the story of MLT. I don't know if I had made mention of this 4 weeks ago but Elder Jacobsen and I were walking home and we saw a street I had never noticed before. We decided we would go down it to just get a little more affiliated with potential work and to say that we know the street. Well as we walked we contacted into an old German man who had been in Germany during WWII and we commenced to get a great story about how he survived as a boy. Well as we listened to this man's story, a lady rode up on her bike and asked hesitantly "Are you the Mormon missionaries?" We of course said yes and she told us that she was a member but she has not been to church, our church, in 16 years. She has been in a really tight spot in life and she really has been having dreams over the past 2 weeks about how she needs to find out where the LDS church was in her area. As these dreams as been bothering her we just happened to be out her front door as she was leaving the house. On Sunday we arranged for a Family to pick her up from her home and bring her to church with them. It was perfect because she found a few more people at church who are going through similar experiences as her and they were all able to become friends and help each other through these tumultuous times in their lives. 


Another big thing that happened this week is that 2 Visa waiters in our Zone recieved their Visa's to Brazil so we lost 2 missionaries and 1 came in yesterday leaving an odd number of missionaries. They made some changes for a few days while we locate one more missionary but for the next few days Elder Hegland will be in a Tri-panionship with Elder Jacobsen and I. It is fun and we are still getting a lot done. It is just a little different and I see that Social Loafing is more likely to set in, but I will avoid it. I love Elder Hegland. What a truely great friend I have made out here. On an exchange this last week with him it was just like old times and we got to talk about how our New MIssionaries are doing and what we can do for them and such. It was definitely needed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment