Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Tears for Tetuanui and Tummie Troubles

Well Elder Tetuanui will be transferred out of this area in a few hours and I will receive a new companion. Elder T was an awesome companion and trainer. He was always happy, always smiling and just someone absolutely everyone loved. He was a great example and I am truly going to miss him. We have no idea where he will be transferred to until later today and I have no idea who my new companion will be. However, I did receive a call from the Assistants to the President on Saturday night and found out that I will be the Senior Companion. This will be interesting. I'm still a very new missionary. I am actually still not greenie busted and just got done with the training and now I will be a Senior Companion. It is a little humbling but I know as long as I have the faith I will accomplish all that I need to. On top of this we picked up 7 new investigators this week! It is soo soo amazing! We are teaching 2 families and a few other individuals and now it is up to me and my new companion to make sure all these precious souls gain a testimony and come unto Christ. Its a huge mantle when you think of it and I only pray that I am prepared well enough. 



Oh to my parents I have to ask. Do you know the Mochizuki's? According to them they lived downtown Farmington about the same time we did.

I had the most humbling experience on Sunday. About half-way through my 8 hours of church my stomach started to feel like a sponge being wrung out. As the class got longer and longer it got worse and worse. By the end of church I was undeniably sick. We had people to see however, because Elder T was being transferred and we needed to get him places to say his goodbyes. While we ran around It only became worse and I became very dizzy and nauseous. We got to dinner at 5 and we got into the house and it really began to get bad. The lovely family had made at my request Tortellini with Steak Sausage mixed in and home made bread. I tried to act normal and composed for as long as I could but on my 3rd trip to the restroom the father could tell that I was not ok. I came out of the restroom to the family counseling with elder T  with hushed voices if they should just make me some Chicken Soup instead. I quietly had entered the room behind the father so I just said that I would love that if they wouldn't mind and then took a seat to keep from passing out. This is when it got the worst as I sat there and the family cheerfully tried to make my soup from scratch the pain became enough that I began to cry a little. That was a little humiliating. Well they made me the delicious soup and upon taking one bite I couldn't take anymore. I was just too sick. Well The sickness lasted about 24 hours and now I am alright. I ran for 30 minutes this morning and have since ate a few full meals so It was just a stomach flu but boy do I never want to get sick like that on a mission again. Being sick when you don't have a home or a place to go to to rest is the absolute worst. Thank goodness I had good members to help me out that night and a caring companion that was prepared enough to handle it well. 

Well we have had the opportunity to teach the M family which is a part member family whom has grown to have a strong relationship with us. We taught the first lesson and they were extra receptive to it. There are just so many miracles around that family that I can't believe the changes that have occurred. We still have a great deal of work to do yes but I just have such great hopes for the family and just Love them to pieces. 

Well we have a busy day today with transfer meetings but I love you all very much. I am so excited to be a missionary I just love love love all these people and It means the world to me that the work keeps progressing. I didn't ever think I'd fall into it this deep this fast but I just don't care about anything else it seems like as much as I do that these people understand our message and are changed by the atonement of Jesus Christ and his love through the message we share. 

Peace! 

P.S. Does anyone know what scripture is on my missionary plaque? I remember someone asking me what I wanted but I was too stressed to  pick so I wondered if someone had picked for me or if it was just sadly blank?

No comments:

Post a Comment